Search operations like locating a reference or searching for a
particular value can produce large result sets, as can
operations like renaming components or procedures.
In order to provide a better overview of all affected nodes QF-Test
shows a mass result list at the end of such operations. This list
holds all nodes that have been touched by the respective operation.
Besides providing an overview that list allows
you to apply mass operations on all nodes quite easily.
Such mass operations could be toggling a mark at all found nodes or deleting all of
them from the test-suites. Those operations can be triggered by the
»Edit« menu or a the table's context menu.
||Figure 52.1: Sample result list for 'Locate references'||
The table comes with a context menu as well. This context menu allows you to
perform several actions on the shown nodes.
If you select entries in the result list and perform a right
mouse-click you can raise some very useful actions from that menu like jumping to the
node or disabling it. Depending on the type of the list there might
be specific actions which only make sense in that particular
context. A list of possible actions is provided in
Such result lists are available for the following actions:
- Once you press Show result list on the Search or Replace dialog.
- As result of the »Locate reference« action for callable nodes or components.
- As result of any command which updates several nodes.
- As result of any replacement action from the Replace dialog.
- As result of several analyzing actions under the »Additional node operations« menu.
- Once you open a list of breakpoints under »Debugger«-»List of all breakpoints...«.
- Once a duplicate QF-Test component ID gets inserted or a suite with
duplicate components get opened.
- Once a node transformation changes the type of some child nodes.
- Once you press »Edit«-»Open error list« in the run-log.
- If you update components via »Update components« all errors will be shown in such a list.
If you have lots of entries in the table you can also apply a filter
at the top for limiting the nodes to the given filter values.
Once you reset the filter you will see all nodes again.
Following actions are available on all types of lists:
- Toggle mark
- Toggle disabled state
- Jump to node in test-suite
- Set a breakpoint
- Delete a node from the list only
- Delete a node from test-suite
- Store the result in a
.qcv file, for details see
- If the according action affects only one node you can also jump
back to this.
The replacement list provides the capability of replacing only
the selected values.
The error list of the run-log provides capabilities to update
failing checks in a bunch. It doesn't allow to delete a node from
the run-log of course.
In case you have a very large result list that you need to work on within more than one
session, you can store its results in an
external file using the menu action »Extras«-»Export«. The export process creates a
.qcv file, which is more or less a CSV file holding the
information in a QF-Test internal format. To proceed with your work at a later time, simply load the
.qcv file via »Operations«-»Load result list...« into QF-Test.