  • Subject: [QF-Test] Date and time localization of the test cases
  • From: Nedvěd, Marek <m.nedved@?.de>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 13:36:03 +0000

Hello fellow testers,

Today I would like to ask on some tips how to handle different time and date formats in the tests. The tests that I have written were all expecting the dates in the European format (dd.MM.yyyy) but now we have also the application with British locale, so all dates look different, and what worse, there is now difference between the short, medium and long version of the date (16/01/2007, 16-Jan-2007 or 16 January 2007 respectively).

I would like to avoid either copying everything or inserting “ifs” into the test suites. Are there any other options? What would be the best practice here?

Only thing that I came up with is to set a variable before each date instance and convert it by a script to the specific format.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marek Nedvěd

qualitype GmbH - IT works.

Marek Nedvěd

Softwaretester

Tel +49 351 8838 2800 | m.nedved@xxxxxxxxxxxx

qualitype GmbH | Moritzburger Weg 67 | 01109 Dresden | Germany

Tel +49 351 8838 2800 | Fax +49 351 8838 2809 | www.qualitype.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Head office: Dresden | Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 31753

Geschäftsführer / Management: Dr. Wilhelm Zörgiebel | Dr. Frank Götz

Videos Downloads Dokumentation Kaufen Gratis Testen