2017 bis heute 2016 2015 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 2010 2009 | 2008 | 2007

(ältere Archiveinträge vor 2007 nicht dargestellt, aber in der Suche enthalten)

Mailingliste - Einträge 2008


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [QF-Test] QFTest Question


  • Subject: Re: [QF-Test] QFTest Question
  • From: Gregor Schmid <Gregor.Schmid@?.de>
  • Date: 30 Jun 2008 21:06:30 +0200

Hi Maisara,

please read the first paragraph from my previous mail again. You
should follow the "Wait for component (absence)" with some kind of
check node with a timeout. You say that "the GUI is still rendering",
but typically there is some visual feedback when it is ready to
receive events again, some component becoming enabled etc. If worse
comes to worst, you can even use an image check.

QF-Test will wait until the check succeeds and then continue
immediately.

Alternatively, talk to your development :-). If a progress dialog is
displayed it is not good design to remove it before the application is
ready to continue.

Best regards,
    Greg

"Abebe, Maisara" <mabebe@?.com> writes:

> Hi Greg,
> Thank you for responding. On my wait components, I am using it in conjuction with a timeout and I check the option to wait for my loading progress bar component to disappear, but QFTest still goes through it too fast and starts clicking on the next action which has not been enabled yet due to the fact that the GUI is still rendering. Is there a way to put a time out on a regular action that is not a wait component? Or do you have any other suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> -Maisara
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gregor Schmid [mailto:Gregor.Schmid@?.de]
> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:09 AM
> To: qftest-list@?.de
> Cc: Abebe, Maisara
> Subject: Re: [QF-Test] QFTest Question
>
>
> Hello Maisara,
>
> you can use every Check node in combination with a timeout. This is similar to waiting for a component to (dis)appear, but in that case QF-Test waits for a component to attain a given state. For example, you can use a 'Check enabled' step with a timeout to wait for a button to become enabled.
>
> With timeouts, the test will always continue as soon as the required condition is fulfilled whereas hard delays will always slow the test down. For that reason one tends to make timeout too short, which can cause problems it the machine is under heavy loads. Timeouts can be generous since they do not incur that overhead. Thus you are absolutely correct to prefer timeouts over delays.
>
> Best regards,
>     Greg
>
>
> "Abebe, Maisara" <mabebe@?.com> writes:
>
> >    Hello,
> >
> >    I am testing a Swing application, where I have a loading progress bar
> >    slow down the user as things get rendered in the GUI. However, when the
> >    progress bar disappears, I still have some rendering going on in the
> >    GUI. In the past I have been using wait for components feature and
> >    checking the box to wait for that component to disappear. However,
> >    QFTest at times goes really fast and starts testing the next
> >    functionality which sometimes is still rendering after the progress bar
> >    disappears.
> >
> >
> >
> >    My Question: Is there a way to slow down QFTest until the GUI is ready
> >    before going into the next step without having to Use time delays? I
> >    don't want to put time delays before or after my wait component scripts
> >    as I am testing performance and I need to extract the times for these
> >    tests.
> >
> >
> >
> >    Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >    Thank you,
> >
> >    Maisara Abebe
> >
> >    PTC
--
Gregor Schmid                                Gregor.Schmid@?.de
Quality First Software GmbH                     http://www.qfs.de
Tulpenstr. 41                               Tel: +49 8171 38648-0
DE-82538 Geretsried                         Fax: +49 8171 3864816
GF: Gregor Schmid, Karlheinz Kellerer          HRB München 140833