  • Subject: [QF-Test] How to check the status label text after clicking on a button
  • From: "Liu, Kevin (DPTI)" <Kevin.Liu@?.au>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 08:09:15 +0000

Hi everyone,

I have a search button to do a person query based on last name, by default, say the status label A has a text ‘please input last name’, when I entered a non-existing last name and clicked the search button, the GUI panel rendered text ‘No records found’ in label A.

But when QF-Test executed the check text node (as shown in disabled state below) or try and catch fragment, it popped up an error stating ‘An event was triggered outside the AWT Event Dispatch Thread’ and Jython Server script wasn’t executed at all.

So is it possible to check the label text dynamically based on different searching criteria? If so, how to check the label text?

Jython Server script

rc.check(0, "No records found label invisible", level=rc.ERROR, report=True, nowrap=False)

An event was triggered outside the AWT Event Dispatch Thread.

This is not a bug in QF-Test, rather the opposite: Herewith QF-Test

informs you about a potentially very serious problem in your application.

Please notify the developers of the application and include the

event and stack-trace information provided below.

For further information, please see section 31.3.3 of the QF-Test manual,

specifically the documentation for the option

Replay->Events->How to handle events coming from the wrong thread.

Details for developers:

Event: javax.swing.event.ChangeEvent[source=javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel@5969af31]

Stack-trace: java.lang.Exception: Stack dump

                at de.qfs.lib.util.Misc.getCurrentStackTrace(Misc.java:1737)

                at de.qfs.apps.qftest.client.awt.s.a(SourceFile:2272)

                at de.qfs.apps.qftest.client.awt.s.stateChanged(SourceFile:1750)

                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireStateChanged(DefaultButtonModel.java:349)

                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setEnabled(DefaultButtonModel.java:209)

                at javax.swing.AbstractButton.setEnabled(AbstractButton.java:2092)

                at trelis.presentation.client.AddClientWizard.enableNextButton(AddClientWizard.java:479)

                at trelis.presentation.client.AddClientSearchPanelController.doSearch(AddClientSearchPanelController.java:95)

                at trelis.presentation.client.AddClientSearchPanel$1.doInBackground(AddClientSearchPanel.java:142)

                at trumps.presentation.component.swing.TaskActionListener$2.run(TaskActionListener.java:76)

                at au.gov.sa.transport.concurrent.exec.internal.TaskActor.onReceive(TaskActor.java:22)

                at akka.actor.UntypedActor$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:167)

                at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465)

                at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:97)

                at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)

                at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)

                at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238)

                at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220)

                at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393)

                at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)

                at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)

                at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)

                at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

PNG image

Videos Downloads Documentation Buy Free Trial