(older archive entries before 2007 are not shown here, but included in the onsite-search)
Mailing List - Entries of 2011
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [QF-Test] Modal dialogs during wait/timed check
- Subject: Re: [QF-Test] Modal dialogs during wait/timed check
- From: Ivan Boelle <ivan.boelle@?.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:40:06 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Pg09Mlu2aw7Lwp7RODIFMYfKrWGJp61wFvFVECC/B1A=; b=gOhuTAMBkle4vkYaImAk7VwW6kXdAHtLsiNu3tOHK41Cb6WcEiSbWYVFtTiQSS1NyU 0BMWQXFtAC1bwuZIKN/YMNh/Jl4UTaDYyFJtkGRNgAN6zn+QWJzMcY1GX3pcApX49E0o /GzjUbroOZRi5dTR5AUEJW91efAqk3ZW5Piy8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; b=sphtaqFNRGebu8pnQA8QG8K2QlitaYCCFGtA+hbHEhhEp8lcPJ5v3MBjnzxJ3J4Ks1 iBoyJLgsShfIc36YFLvTQxMCENTy0Sr5kVjYlVofxBuRcpiDTQ3LenlX7SF+htj0NuEc 4G9YLOwohAc8InD1/Tn1vTAnDlx8ji7QjSmyU=
One solution is to automatically close this dialog, as you don't care about it.
Another would to write a custom procedure which would do an active wait for X sec (X as a procedure parameter).
And each second this procedure would look for an error dialog and close it.
But in my opinion, the first solution is better :)
INT, Interactive Network Technologies
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Tuokko, Sampsa (NSN - FI/Espoo) <sampsa.tuokko@?.com>
our SUT uses different kind of progress indicators during operations that may take long to take. In the basic case, it’s very simple to use timed “Check image” nodes to wait for the progress to complete. However, in some situations the application pops up a modal dialog reporting a warning or error during the operation. The operation still continues, so the progress indicator does not finish until some time after closing the modal dialog. So in essence we’re waiting for an image, but should close any (or given) modal dialogs if such appear during the wait.
Any experiences with this kind of situation, what would be the best approach to implement the “parallel” closing of the dialog during the wait? We’d rather not just wait for timeout + close dialog + wait more, since the variance in operation length is very large (from less than second to several minutes).
qftest-list mailing list